Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
From the Australian Women's Weekly "Cooking for two". This needs a little planning to make the preparation and cooking as efficient as possible.
- 350 g tuna steaks
- 150 g squid, hoods
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup polenta
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (410 g) can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh and shredded
- Cut tuna into 3 cm cubes and squid hoods into 3 cm strips.
- Combine the marinade ingredients, add the tuna and squid, mix well and marinade for at least 3 hours if not overnight.
- Drain the seafood, reserve the marinade.
- Thread the seafood onto 4 skewers.
- Grill kebabs until tender, occasionally brushing with the reserved marinade.
- Serve kebabs with polenta and tomato sauce.
- A green salad with garlic dressing goes well with this.
- Polenta: Grease a 8 cm x 26 cm cake tin.
- Boil the water, add the polenta and still until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and cheese.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake uncovered in a hot oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- TOMATO SAUCE: Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring until onion is soft.
- Add undrained tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the basil.