Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
My mum worked at the local hospital and brought this recipe home one night. They make it for the patients and staff. Mum used to make it all the time. We hated spinach but this was the one exception.
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (425 g) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 2 cups of cooked spinach
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix tuna, onion, eggs, corn, garlic, salt, pepper, herbs, rice and potatoes together then place in a greased casserole dish.
- Spread spinach over the top of tuna mixture until it is completely covered. (layer).
- Place sliced tomatoes onto top of spinach (layer).
- Cover tomatoes with grated cheese, then put into the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.