This recipe is so delicious, even when served cold. Gluten free and wheat free. you can use some grated cheddar instead of the tofu cheese.
- 8 zucchini (round type)
- 6 ounces tuna in vegetable oil
- 6 black olives, stoned and choped fine
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tomato, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 anchovies packed in oil, chopped fine
- 1 cup cooked arborio rice
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices soy cheddar cheese (cheddar flavour)
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 1⁄2 onion, rough chop
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- preheat oven to 200°C.
- cut the stalk fron the zucchini, then slice the top so that it is wide enough to be stuffed.
- using a melon baller scoop out the flesh and put in a small pot together with the sliced tops, carrot, 1 cup water and roughly chopped onion. Simmer about 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender. when cooled blend until smooth.
- Mix the tuna, cooked rice, egg, capers, tomato,onions, anchovies and olives with a fork until mixed ( do not use a processor).
- Fill the zucchini with the mixture but do not over fill. Place pieces of cheese on top, then drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle some oregano and season.
- place in an ovenproof dish.
- At this point you may throw in some quartered, medium sized potato and some extra sliced onions to the dish and they will cook at the same time.
- Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are done.