Recipe by English_Rose
Provolone cheese has a firm texture, a mild, smoky flavour and golden-brown rind. It is an excellent cooking cheese, well suited to grating, melting and slicing. Variation: Replace the tuna with 1 cup chopped chicken.
- 7 ounces tuna in vegetable oil, drained, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 ounce butter, softened
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a sandwich press or Feorge Foreman grill.
- Combine tuna, parsley, cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place 2 slices bread on a board. Lightly spread with butter. Top with tuna mixture. Spread remaining bread with butter. Sandwich together. Spray both sides bread with oil. Place in a sandwich press and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cut in half and serve with lime wedges.