Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast, cheap and easy ! This was a typical dish for meatless Fridays in Florence, Italy. An authentic Florentine recipe from Paolo Petroni's "The Complete Book of Florentine Cooking". A kid pleaser.
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna packed in oil
- 1 lb potato
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 1⁄2 ounces stoned olives
- 18 ounces mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, allow to cool, peel and mash.
- In a bowl, break up the tuna fish and mix with the potato and the chopped parsley.
- Salt, pepper and stir well.
- Place on a serving platter and mould into the shape of a fish, then clean any excess off the plate with paper towels.
- Cover the whole fish carefully with mayonnaise and garnish with capers and olives.