Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick one-pan dinner!
- 1 (24 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine potatoes and milk in a large skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic salt, pepper, peas and carrots, and tuna. Cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender and tuna is hot.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese. Mix well. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
I used a 15 oz can of canned potatoes. Chopped them up into big chunks, then mixed all ingredients except cheese and let it cook on medium-low for about 10 minutes. I also added in an extra 1/3 cup water, some onion powder, and garlic power and seasoning salt in place of the garlic salt. Then I mixed in the cheese and cooked until the liquid had reduced and cheese had melted. Comfort food is a great word, you could barely taste tuna unless you got a big chunk, and I think a can of chicken or some leftover shredded chicken would taste nice in this too. Made for Photo Tag.
totally delicious comfort food, did a few minor amount adjustments to this and added in some cayenne pepper and a few tablespoons of butter, so good, thanks for sharing loof!