Recipe by threeovens
A healthy salad that goes heavy on the vegetables with a vinegar and oil dressing. The recipe calls for sherry vinegar, but other vinegars, such as white wine, red wine, cider, etc. would work well.
Top Review by Gracielagata
this was awesome!! just like i remember eating when i lived in spain! thanks for an awesome recipe from there- i am always trying to find ones for all the different foods i ate over there!
- 1 lb small red potato, quartered
- 1 lb French haricots vert, vert trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces or 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup shallots, sliced thin or 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes, covered in water, until almost done, about 6 minutes.
- Add haricots vert, cook an additional 4 minutes, then drain; rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Place potatoes and beans in a large bowl, add tomatoes, shallots, salt, paprika, cayenne, and tuna.
- Drizzle salad with vinegar and oil; toss.
- Arrange lettuce on 5 serving plates, divide potato and tuna salad on top.