Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy salad that goes heavy on the vegetables with a vinegar and oil dressing. The recipe calls for sherry vinegar, but other vinegars, such as white wine, red wine, cider, etc. would work well.
- 1 lb small red potato, quartered
- 1 lb French haricots vert, vert trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces or 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup shallots, sliced thin or 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- Boil potatoes, covered in water, until almost done, about 6 minutes.
- Add haricots vert, cook an additional 4 minutes, then drain; rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Place potatoes and beans in a large bowl, add tomatoes, shallots, salt, paprika, cayenne, and tuna.
- Drizzle salad with vinegar and oil; toss.
- Arrange lettuce on 5 serving plates, divide potato and tuna salad on top.
this was awesome!! just like i remember eating when i lived in spain! thanks for an awesome recipe from there- i am always trying to find ones for all the different foods i ate over there!