Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious tuna recipe from the Food column by Anjali Vellody, Weekend!
- 1 cup canned tuna, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, washed,peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, washed,peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, washed and finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled
- black pepper, to taste
- oil, as desired
For the flavored mayo
- 650 ml mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red bell peppers or 3 tablespoons yellow bell peppers or 3 tablespoons green bell peppers
- Combine everything except the oil in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Divide the mixture equally.
- Shape into cutlets.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan.
- Carefully, put the prepared cutlets into the pan.
- Cook, on either side, until both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Remove carefully, drain on clean paper towels.
- Now, prepare the flavoured mayonnaise.
- For this, combine all the ingredients under"For flavoured mayo" together in a bowl.
- Pour the flavoured mayo over the cutlets.
This recipie was great however the mixture was not holding for me, so i had to add an aditional egg and about two hand fulls of italian bread crumbs... it worked out great and it is very delicious. Thanks for the recipie :)