Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old issue of SFI, an all in one easy weeknight meal.
Make and share this Tuna and Pesto Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g dried penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 120 g Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna in olive oil, Chunk Style
- 1⁄2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach, pesto and milk. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Add pasta to pan with tuna (undrained). Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into an 8 cup-capacity ceramic baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This was really tasty (and also very easy). I made this exactly as posted, except I used grape tomatoes (halved) instead of cherry, and I also did not use any salad greens to serve it with. It was flavorful and unique. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.