Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old issue of SFI, an all in one easy weeknight meal.
- 500 g dried penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 120 g Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna in olive oil, Chunk Style
- 1⁄2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach, pesto and milk. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Add pasta to pan with tuna (undrained). Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into an 8 cup-capacity ceramic baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This was really tasty (and also very easy). I made this exactly as posted, except I used grape tomatoes (halved) instead of cherry, and I also did not use any salad greens to serve it with. It was flavorful and unique. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.