Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This salad combines eggs, pasta, tuna and beans for a completely balanced meal which is tasty also!
- 4 medium eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped into 6 pieces each
- 8 ounces pasta shells
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 14 ounces kidney beans or 14 ounces butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 7 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 2 large carrots
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- cayenne pepper
- English mustard powder
- 2 heads cos lettuce
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche or 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- chives, parsley, mint, basil or cilantro
- crouton, to serve (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to paket instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Grate the carrots. Wash the cherry tomatoes then cut them in half.
- Put these in the mixing bowl then add the drained beans and tuna. Mix well.
- Add the pasta and mix everything well again. Season with small pinches of salt, cayenne pepper and mustard powder.
- Chop the lettuce leaves. Put in a colander, wash, then leave to drain.
- To make the herb dressing, mix the créme fraîche or mayonnaise with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir well.
- Wash your chosen herbs under cold water. Shake off any excess water, pat dry then snip the herbs into the créme fraîche. Ideally, chill in the fridge until you are ready to dress the salad.
- Add the chopped egg to the tuna and pasta. Lastly add the chopped lettuce and mix well. The salad is now ready to serve.
- Only add the dressing just before taking it to the table. The salad is delicious as it is, but can be served with fresh crusty bread or toasted croutons.