Recipe by HeatherFeather
Unusual combo that tastes like something out of a gourmet sandwich cafe. I could not stop eating this...sooo wonderful. Originally from an old episode of Cooking Live.
Top Review by breezermom
Very good tuna salad. It feels very light since there is so little mayo in it. It does drip a bit, I think because of the lemon juice. But the taste is wonderful. Thanks for a wonderful lunch!
For tuna salad
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives or 10 other brine-cured black olives, pitted and cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 large celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
To assemble sandwiches
- 1 loaf French baguette (or 4 hoagie rolls)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- green leaf lettuce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add remaining salad ingredients and stir together gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches: Cut baguette into 4 equal lengths and halve each piece horizontally.
- Brush cut sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sandwiches with baguette, lettuce, and tuna salad.