Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unusual combo that tastes like something out of a gourmet sandwich cafe. I could not stop eating this...sooo wonderful. Originally from an old episode of Cooking Live.
For tuna salad
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives or 10 other brine-cured black olives, pitted and cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 large celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
To assemble sandwiches
- 1 loaf French baguette (or 4 hoagie rolls)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- green leaf lettuce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add remaining salad ingredients and stir together gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches: Cut baguette into 4 equal lengths and halve each piece horizontally.
- Brush cut sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sandwiches with baguette, lettuce, and tuna salad.
Very good tuna salad. It feels very light since there is so little mayo in it. It does drip a bit, I think because of the lemon juice. But the taste is wonderful. Thanks for a wonderful lunch!