Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Betty Crocker.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This is an excellent tuna casserole recipe! I especially liked the topping...I think I'll be putting it on top of many other casseroles from now on. This was very quick to throw together, and it was resilient to the little changes I made (I didn't have quite enough sour cream, and I used green onion instead of chives). Thanks so much for sharing this!
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; cook and drain noodles per package directions.
- Mix together the noodles, tuna, mushrooms, sour cream, milk, chives, salt, and pepper; transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and butter; sprinkle over tuna mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until hot in center.