Recipe by CindiJ
Yet another Tuna and Noodle Casserole recipe. This is a good standby when nothing else sounds good or finances are tight. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables or garnishes to taste.
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices fresh bread, processed into fine crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Remove from heat and drain. Return noodles to pot. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray 9x9-inch casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place tuna noodle mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While casserole is baking, process bread in food processor to obtain fine crumbs. Melt butter and pour over bread crumbs. Toss to coat. Remove casserole from oven after 30 minutes, top with buttered crumbs and continue to bake the final 15 minutes.