Recipe by TasteTester
This is great as a light lunch during the summer time. Preparation time does not include cooling time in refrigerator.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This was so light and delicious, the perfect summer time meal. I made as stated apart from adding about 11/2 tablespoons of white balsamic dressing to the tuna. I served ours over salad greens, with tomatoes, olives and goats cheese balls and it was a super dinner. I can see how this would make for a perfect lunch just as is also. A very easy meal to throw together and it combines some of our favourite ingredients, I can see this being made quite a bit this summer. Cheers TasteTester for a fab meal.
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together mangoes, onion, cilantro, oil, cumin, salt and cayenne. Add tuna; stir gently to break up slightly. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Right before serving, spoon about 1/2 cup tuna mixture into the center of each avocado half; garnish with a lemon wedge.