Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great as a light lunch during the summer time. Preparation time does not include cooling time in refrigerator.
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- lemon wedge
- In a medium bowl, stir together mangoes, onion, cilantro, oil, cumin, salt and cayenne. Add tuna; stir gently to break up slightly. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Right before serving, spoon about 1/2 cup tuna mixture into the center of each avocado half; garnish with a lemon wedge.
This was so light and delicious, the perfect summer time meal. I made as stated apart from adding about 11/2 tablespoons of white balsamic dressing to the tuna. I served ours over salad greens, with tomatoes, olives and goats cheese balls and it was a super dinner. I can see how this would make for a perfect lunch just as is also. A very easy meal to throw together and it combines some of our favourite ingredients, I can see this being made quite a bit this summer. Cheers TasteTester for a fab meal.