Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally published in Company's Coming Weekend Cooking
- 2 red peppers (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 green onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (chopped or 1 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna (drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups shell pasta (uncooked)
- 9 cups water (boiling)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan on medium-high. Add green onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes until the green onion is soft.
- Add wine, Stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for about 3 minutes until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add red pepper strips, and next 8 ingredients. Heat and stir for about 5 minutes until hot, then keep warm.
- Cook pasta in boiling water and second amount of salt in large covered pot for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender but firm. Drain well. Return pasta to pot and add tuna mixture. Mix well.