Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This refreshing tuna salad is great for those mayo hating friends and family. Not a dot of mayo in sight.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces tuna in olive oil
- 19 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 cups celery hearts, and leaves thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and the olive oil together.
- Carefully add the tuna, garbanzo beans, red bell pepper, olives, celery, parsley, and capers.
- Mix together gently and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was really good, thanks for posting!
Substitutions: 7 oz premiun albacore tuna in water, Kalamata olives, 1 C celery, 1 red bell pepper. DH, the salad dude, wants to see this on the table again soon. It's a cool summer meal, served on a bed of lettuce or greens, with reheated Naan (#178020) and Spicy Avocado Tartar Sauce (#237583) to top the tomato slices on the side.
Just perfect! I used albacore in water, and added halved cherry tomatoes. I love mayo, btw, but this is a great salad for anyone!