A simple salad using tinned tuna and hard-boiled eggs
Make and share this Tuna and Egg Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 185 g chunk tuna, drained
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 50 g pitted black olives (just count out 20) (optional) or 50 g green stuffed olives (optional)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced (sweet bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar or 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place mixed lettuce leaves onto 4 plates. Add the tomato wedges, sliced onion and capsicum. Top with the eggs, olives and tuna. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
We enjoyed this light and refreshing salad. Really Liked the dressing. Used lettuce and tomatoes from our garden. Thank You. Made for ZWT8.
A wonderfully light lunch I thoroughly enjoyed and as I don't care of tuna I used 1/2 a small tin of red salmon, omited the olives and used homegrown iceberg lettuce, made it all up on the plate earlier in the day and covered with cling wrap for lunch when we got back from shopping. Got back a bit later than expected and realized I hadn't made the dressing and I just had to eat so used a non fat french dressing I already had and really enjoyed. Thank you **Jubes**, made for team mate in the Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #57 October 2011.
We enjoyed this a lot thanks Jubes. Tuna and hard boiled egg tend to be on the dry side and I'd have liked more dressing, but didn't want to make more, to keep the fat count down. Russ reckoned the egg and lemon dressing wasn't a good match but I don't listen to him-what's a nicoise salad often got in it after all!! I had no olives (I can't believe that!) but wanted the salty hit so used capers instead and they worked well with the other ingredients.