A simple salad using tinned tuna and hard-boiled eggs
Make and share this Tuna and Egg Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 185 g chunk tuna, drained
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 50 g pitted black olives (just count out 20) (optional) or 50 g green stuffed olives (optional)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced (sweet bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar or 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place mixed lettuce leaves onto 4 plates. Add the tomato wedges, sliced onion and capsicum. Top with the eggs, olives and tuna. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve.