Recipe by Tisme
I was looking for something a little different for an appetizer to serve at a party. These were a bit of a hit to Tuna and non Tuna lovers alike. I made mine in patty pans and got about 24, but the recipe says to use muffin pans. N.B. The recipe is for Tuna in springwater but I was unable to list springwater!
Top Review by Shazzie
Absolutely delicious and so easy to assemble/prepare! Going onto our list of appetizers for our next poker evening. Due to pantry inventory problem, used only 1/2 amount of tuna stated, and still came out wonderful. Thank you Tisme.
- 4 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 425 g canned tuna in water, drained well
- 125 g creamed corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 4 each 10cm circles from each pastry sheet.
- Place pastry circles into a greased 12 cup medium muffin tin.
- Combine creamed corn, eggs, chives and sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into pastry cases and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 20-25 minutes.