Recipe by katew
An easy supper to serve with salad - if you do not have corn or peas other tinned vegies could be substituted like artichokes or baby carrots - this is versatile !! I found this in a Australian table magazine.
Top Review by I'mPat
Easy weekday meal to put together, as a snack I would say 6 but as a main with a salad no more than 4, 3 of us nearly gobbled up to lot with 2 of us having a side salad of recipe #344305 bu PaulaG. I did use a full cup of grated cheese and used 4 slices of bread (3 wholemeal/wholegrain and 1 rye which gave me about a cup of breadcrumbs and I warmed up my milk and add it in one lot and whisked it in (this is how I always make white sauces). Thank you katew, made for Everyday A Holiday.
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 210 g tuna or 210 g salmon
- 125 g sweet corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2⁄3 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees celsius.
- Melt butter and cook onion and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute stirring .Slowly add milk ,continue stirring.
- Remove from heat when mixture is boiling and thickened.
- Add tuna,corn,peas and half of cheese.
- Put into ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 mins till golden.
- Serve with salad.