Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
From Family Circle
Top Review by sugarpea
Had my doubts about this one but it was mahvelous dahling! Even Dh thought so. I considered using the zucchini raw but I'm glad I went ahead and sauteed it as directed. I used 2ea 6oz cans of tuna and 1/2c parsley. I was afraid a full cup would be too overwhelming and it probably would have for my taste. I mixed the salad and dressing together and chilled it for 4 hours before serving. This one's gonna' be a repeat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, trimmed cut into 2cm diagonal slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 225 g tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed drained
- 125 ml sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan and saute zucchini until evenly cooked.
- Place zucchini in large bowl, add onion, parsley, tuna and chickpeas.
- Toss and combine and arrange in serving bowl.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and drop generous spoonfuls of dressing onto salad and serve.