Recipe by EasyFamilyPleasers
I remember a long time ago looking in a cookbook my mom had (for fun kid meals) where they made pirate ships out of the sandwiches. These are probably nothing like that, but that old recipe was my inspiration for a twist on tuna sandwiches that had my kids clapping their hands with glee.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna
- about 1 tbsp Miracle Whip
- about 2 tsp pickle relish
- sliced cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Open tuna; drain.
- In small bowl, mix tuna, miracle whip, and relish (or prepare tuna using your favorite method.).
- Cut crusts off of bread and cut each piece in quarters. Spread tuna on one piece and put another piece on top for each mini-sandwich.
- Fold and tear one slice of cheese to make four squares. Skewer each piece of cheese on a toothpick as pictured and stick into sandwich to make the ship.
- Two pieces of bread and one piece of cheese makes 4 pirate ships.