Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From BBC Good Food. Sounds like an easy and delicious lunch/snack. It's also great as an appetizer.
Make and share this Tuna and Cheddar Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (200 g) can tuna in water
- 4 tablespoons scallions, chopped finely (spring onions)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 50 g cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat broiler/grill to highest setting.
- Drain tuna, mix it with mayo and scallion in a bowl; season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Toast bread slices under the grill until they're nicely browned on both sides, then spread the tuna mixture on top of each toast.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar on each toast and put back under the grill until cheese has melted.
- Slice each toast diagonally into triangles, sprinkle with paprika and enjoy!
I made these with toasted baquette and chives in place of scallions. I also cut back on the mayo a bit. They made for a great lunch with a salad and sliced oranges. Thanks! [Made for the I Recommend Tag]
Other than I used salmon as we don't care for tuna I made as directed though I think I would cut back on the mayo as it was a little sloppy but the DM and I were absolutely chockas on 1 1/2 slices each and thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Thank you WaterMelon, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
This made a quick easy after golf lunch using things I had on hand. In place of the tuna I used a small can of salmon flavoured with red onion & tomato (95g can). This worked well and will certainly make again. Into the 'keepers' file for this one:)