Recipe by seesko
This sounds so good, but have not tried it yet as I am the only tuna lover in my house. Let me know how it is!
Top Review by loof
This is good, quick and easy soup! I don't care for onions so used green pepper instead. The broccoli and tuna paired well with the cheesy soup. This made a great inexpensive weeknight meal - thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese or 1 cup american process cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake the tuna.
- Cook broccoli as directed on package, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add onion; cook until onion is tender. Blend in flour until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in seasoned salt, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Stir in reserved cooking liquid.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Stir in the flaked tuna, broccoli, and cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted.