Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a big skillet, mix together broth and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add pasta noodles and cook until tender; do not drain.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup, milk, salsa and tuna.
- Add cheese.
- Cook and stir until thoroughly heat.
- Let stand for about 5 mintues to thicken.
Very pleased! I was worried it wasn't going to get thick near the end but it was because I used a CAN of milk and not a cup. Oops! But it DID thicken nicely after I added an extra cup of cheddar! I also thought the salsa was that extra something that gave it a kick. I also sprinkled some cheese on top when I served it. Thanks for posting this!
I made this for my toddler DD so sunstituted a couple of things. I used vegetable soup instead of broth & used pasta sauce in lieu of salsa. This turned out quite well & DD even managed a few mouthfuls which is good as she is not a tuna lover. Thanks for posting!