Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
from "closet cooking" - http://www.closetcooking.com/2010/12/tuna-and-caper-tomato-pasta.html
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive (pitted and diced)
- 2 anchovies (minced)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (drained)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- Heat the oil in the pan at medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the white wine, deglaze the pan and then simmer until it has almost all evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and capers and simmer until the sauce just starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the olives, anchovies and tuna and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed.
- Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and mix in the parsley.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce and serve.