Recipe by carole in orlando
This recipe was originally on Epicurious. I added to it and it is a great lunch for two. I serve this with fresh fruit. It is perfect for South Beach Dieters.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the canned beans well.
- Drain the tuna.
- In a bowl add the chopped onions, celery, halved tomatoes and slice olives.
- Add the tuna and cannellini beans.
- Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar and spices together.
- Pour the dressing over the tuna mixture and toss gently to blend well.
- Chill before serving, overnight if possible.