carole in orlando's Note:
This recipe was originally on Epicurious. I added to it and it is a great lunch for two. I serve this with fresh fruit. It is perfect for South Beach Dieters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
- 1Drain the canned beans well.
- 2Drain the tuna.
- 3In a bowl add the chopped onions, celery, halved tomatoes and slice olives.
- 4Add the tuna and cannellini beans.
- 5Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar and spices together.
- 6Pour the dressing over the tuna mixture and toss gently to blend well.
- 7Chill before serving, overnight if possible.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 376.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives