Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
What do you with leftover salsa dip? Use it up in this tuna rice salad. It's easy, healthy and delicious with kidney beans, peppers and scallions. This quick, healthy and tasty brown rice salad is perfect for lunchboxes and has been created by ex-Olympic swimming champion and mum-of-three Sharron Davies.
- 5 ounces cooked brown basmati rice (or 2.5oz raw brown basmati cooked until tender)
- 3 tablespoons fresh salsa, dip
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 ounces red kidney beans
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, from a jar drained and sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) cantuna steak in brine, drained and flaked
- salad leaves, to serve
- Mix the rice with the salsa, onions, beans and peppers. Season to taste.
- Gently fold in the tuna.
- Place a handful of leaves at the base of your lunch box or serving bowl, then heap the rice salad on top. If you like, top with a bit of extra salsa to taste.