Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bocconcini is one of my favourite cheese. Traditionally made in Campania, Italy, it is a form of fresh mozzarella that is like a soft curd. I would not sub mozzarella in this. Bocconcini means "Little Mouthfuls", which they are! This is not your traditional bruschettta and the recipe is from the Dairy Farmers of Canada. Enjoy!
- 1 cup bocconcini, finely diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, grilled and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 24 crackers (or toasts, etc.)
- In a bowl, combine cheese, tuna, red peppers, olives and pesto. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture on crackers or toasts.