Recipe by Cookie16
From Real Simple. I made this a few nights ago and everyone enjoyed it. I spilled something on the recipe before I made it and couldn't read the amount of olive oil or garlic so I had to wing it. If you make the olive sauce while the pasta cooks this can be ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 12 ounces penne
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside in big bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in skillet over medium low.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add capers and olives and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, pepper and rest of oil.
- Top the pasta with the tuna and olive mixture.