Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tuna and Bean stew with Mediterranean feel but from down under.
- 1 (200 g) can tuna
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 20 g paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 g parsley
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans
- 1 cup water or 1 cup fish stock
- Finely dice Onion and dice Tomatoes, Capsicum and Zucchini into 1/4 inch cubes. Keep the juice from the Tomatoes.
- In a skillet or pot heat oil and add onions. Cook at a medium heat until soft and transparent.
- Add the Capsicum cook until soft.
- Add the Zucchini, Garlic and spices cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes cook for another minute.
- Add tomato juice and stock, or water. Simmer for about 15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add Beans and Tuna be careful not to break the Tuna up too much.
- Cook for 10 minutes to heat Beans and Tuna.
- Serve with Bread.
- I sometimes use Lebanese cucumber instead of Zucchini.