Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Gary Rhoades, a different way to use a can of tuna for a quick snack spread on toast
- 8 ounces tuna in vegetable oil
- 2 slices bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces ground almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon juice (to taste)
- Soak the bread in water, squeeze out and add this and the garlic to bowl of processor and blitz.
- stir in the mayonnaise, almonds and salt.
- fold in the tuna and lemon juice to taste.
- spread on toast and broil until hot and bubbling.
Sooo good! I did not have almonds but it was still wonderful without them. I added Cheddar Cheese and I spread it on English Muffins broiled. It was superb!
This is a great new way to use a tin of tuna! A simple brunch recipe that went down a treat. Mine didn't bubble under the griller (maybe because I used a fat free mayo) but it tasted lovely anyway. I really enjoyed the spread cold with crackers...YUM! Add a little extra mayo for a delightful refreshing dip. Oh and try tuna with chilli..MMmm