Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am writing this as a recipe for four servings but it can stretch to eight with ease. The salad holds up well in fridge for a couple of days.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil and vinegar dressing, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar dressing, more
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 pieces sourdough bread (toast if you like)
- 8 leaves lettuce
- Combine first seven ingredients.
- Line four slices of bread with lettuce.
- Spread tuna salad over the lettuce.
- Place remaining bread on top and press down.
- Last step -- Eat It!