Recipe by mommomb
I got this recipe from The Early Show Thanksgiving Day 08 archive. I love the tang and savory from the herb mix and tomato. Even my kids liked them! What a great low-cal treat for a healthy snack or appetizer for any get-together.
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or 2 pints grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix herbs, put in a salt grinder or pulverize slightly in a mortar and pestle. If you don't have either, just skip that step.
- Wash tomatoes in cold water and remove all excess water, but do not dry.
- Place tomatoes in a bowl that is large enough so the tomatoes have room to be tumbled.
- Toss tomatoes with herb mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Refrigerate, tossing and "tumbling" in the bowl occasionally until all water is evaporated. Once the water has dried, the herb and salt mixture will form a crust on the tomatoes.
- Serve Chilled.
- Note: The tomatoes keep for 2-3 days uncovered in the refrigerator-if they last that long-so make the full recipe and keep them on hand as a healthy snack, the drier and crustier the salt and herb coating, the better they taste.
- Serves 4-6.