Recipe by luckycloud29
We call this Tuesday's pasta because this recipe is perfect for the middle of the week when you don't feel like cooking or going to the supermarket. We always have the ingredients on hand and the recipe is quick, cheap, healthy, and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (only use if you omitted anchovies) (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta in boiling water and put aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute anchovies and garlic quickly, breaking up the anchovies.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, (and salt, if using).
- Stir often until tomatoes are cooked down, about 15 minutes.
- Stir tuna into tomato sauce, break up with a fork.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Toss over hot pasta.