Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe on a food blog and it's so cute!
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons assam loose tea
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat milk then remove from heat and add tea. Let steep for 15 minutes. Sieve the liquid to remove the tea leaves.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix together butter and sugar until incorporated.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter-sugar mix, incorporate thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter-sugar-egg mix in two batches. Alternate the dry batches with the milk tea.
- Fill each cupcake cup halfway.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.