Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a yummy crockpot dish I came up with that tastes great and is so easy if you're having a group over. I serve it with homemade potato salad and baked beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken (I use the Rotisserie type you buy in the super markets)
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced (or more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Mix chicken taco seasoning and chicken broth in crockpot.
- Add chicken and shred.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Set cooker on low and cook 6 hours.
- Serve on a toasted bun with a slice of your favorite cheese.
I think that your idea was fanastic... but this recipe just did nothing for myself, or my family.
I just have to comment that there is a place in Arizona called Tucson and there is no reason to assume the writer "meant Tuscan" and make rude comments. Do a little checking before making a comment like that, as there are other options. I think the recipe is a nice base and can be "tweaked" to fit many different tastes, to include lowering the sodium.
This was a great basic recipe. I never use commercial taco seasoning since I found the Zaar. The salt issue has averted through the use of #4292, with some homemade tweaks, and using chicken 'stock' instead of commercial broth. It makes a big difference. I see no reason to get downright RUDE in the comments. Criticism is supposed to be used to learn from, not to discourage. ;) I had to super-size this recipe for a church crowd. I used uncooked chicken pieces and the same cooking times. I think it worked better this way, as to not over cook. Thanks for the recipe Judikins. :)