- 8 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tubettini pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine water, lentils, celery and onion; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- In a separate large pot, cook pasta 9-11 minutes. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil to lentil mixture; heat through.
- Add pasta to soup.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.