Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Pasta cookbook. I want to find a way to convert this into a backpacking recipe.
- 2 cups tubetti
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch oregano
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine the fresh tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano.
- Add the tubetti, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and basil; toss to blend.