You know that yummy cabbage salad they serve you at some Japanese restaurants before you get your miso soup and your food? Well here is the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cabbage into thin strips (about the width of fettucini noodles) and place into a large bowl.
- 2Boil remaining ingredients in a small pot.
- 3Remove the pot from heat and pour over cabbage.
- 4Mix (using tongs) cabbage and vinegar mixture for about 2 minutes.
- 5Drain vinegar mixture from cabbage, and return vinegar to heat.
- 6Repeat steps 3 and 4.
- 7Drain vinegar from cabbage and discard.
- 8Place cabbage into refrigerator until cool.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tsukemono- Japanese Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5252.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: