This is Top Secret Recipe's Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com version of Der Wienerschnitzel's Chili Sauce. DW is a chain of fast food hot dog joints.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Wondra Flour
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder (McCormick)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Brown ground beef and ground pork in a large saucepan over medium heat, making sure that the meat is well crumbled.
- 2When the meat is completely browned cover saucepan and turn heat to low.
- 3After ten minutes, remove the ground meat from the heat and drain off most of the fat.
- 4Keep some of it in the pan.
- 5While the meat is still off the heat, mix the water and the cornstarch.
- 6Whisk the cornstarch thoroughly as it's added until it's dissolved into the water.
- 7Do the same for the Wondra flour.
- 8Add water mixture to the pan.
- 9You can now set the pan over medium heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- 10Bring mixture to a boil stirring often.
- 11When chili begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 12When chili is done it will be much thicker and darker, like the real thing.
- 13You can use this chili sauce on hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries or take it solo.
- 14NOTE: Wondra flour is a finely-ground quick-mixing flour used in sauces and gravies.
- 15It is made by Gold Medal and can usually be found in the baking aisle next to the other flour.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSr Version of Wienerschnitzel Chili Sauce by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (2187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 1533.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: