Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Quick and simple to make
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 slices kraft cheddar cheese slices
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (bite-size)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Combine chicken broth, water, half & half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft.
- For each serving spoon one cup of soup into a bowl and garnish with a tbsp of shredded cheese and a pinch of parsley.
Good soup. I whisked the flour and water together and then added to the hot broth to prevent lumps.
This is a wonderful soup to make. And perfect for 2 people. I like to use veleveta cheese and mexican melting cheese instead of kraft single slices.
Lovely soup! I loved all the broccoli and cheese together. I think I would add fresh green onion to garnish and for flavor at the end--just personal taste. Simple soup that makes quite a bit and soothes the soul. Thanks for sharing this recipe.