- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 slices kraft cheddar cheese slices
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (bite-size)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, water, half & half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft.
- For each serving spoon one cup of soup into a bowl and garnish with a tbsp of shredded cheese and a pinch of parsley.