Recipe by Little Bee
This is a copy cat recipe I got from Top Secret Recipes. These are fabulous and easy! I usually have all these ingredients on hand. DH loves when I make these! From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by TasteTester
I was thinking about making enchiritos the other day, and am glad I found your recipe. I made it exactly as written, except that I used two jars of enchilada sauce instead of red chili sauce. I made it in a 13"x9" pan, and put some sauce on the bottom. Then I placed the folded enchiritos in the pan. I cooked mine at 350 degrees for 15 minutes instead of microwaving them. It was interesting to learn the technique of mixing seasoned ground beef with water in a skillet and breaking it up until it is a little mushy. It made a much better consistency for the filling than just sauteed hamburger. I'll use this method again when making tacos, etc. We used sour cream and green onions as toppings. These are so delicious, and I'll be making them again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 10 -12 small flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) canla victoria red chili sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the flour, chili powder, salt, minced onion, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients into the ground beef.
- Add the seasoned beef mixture to the water in a skillet over medium heat.Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula, and break up the meat thouroughly as it cooks.Heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned.The finished product should be very smooth with no large chunks of beef remaining.
- Microwave the beans for a couple of minutes on high.
- Warm the tortillas by wrapping them in a moist towel and microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of refried beans down the center of each tortilla.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of beef on top of the beans followed by a couple teaspoons of minced onion.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla over the beans and meat and carefully place in a microwave safe casserole.
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of red sauce over the top of the tortilla, then sprinkle on a couple tablespoons of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat until casserole is full.
- Heat up the dish for 2 minute's in the microwave, until hot& the cheese on top begins to melt.
- Garnish with Sour cream and green onions if desired.