Recipe by MissTiff16
www.TopSecretRecipes.com Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adjusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
Top Review by linguinelisa
Everyone loved this recipe! I used taco seasoning mix instead of the flour and seasonings and I topped the enchirito with chopped onions.........also used 1/2 cup chopped onion with the beef. I've never had this at Taco Bell so I don't know what there"s tastes like but I love canned enchilada sauce unlike some of the reviewers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce (La Victoria)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 10 -12 flour tortillas (10 or 12-inch 1 pkg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slowly brown the ground beef in a skillet using a wooden spoon or spatula to separate the beef into pea-sized pieces. Add the salt, chili powder, and minced onion. With a mixer, or potato masher, beat the refried beans until smooth. Heat beans in small saucepan or in microwave.
- Warm tortillas all at once in a covered container, or wrapped in moist towel in microwave. Set on high for 40 seconds or warm individually in skillet for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of beef into the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle on 1/2 tsp diced fresh onion. Add 1/3 cup refried beans. Fold sides of each tortilla over the beans. Place tortilla onto a plate. Spoon 3 tbsps enchilada sauce over the top of the tortilla. Sprinkle on 1/4 cup cheese. Garnish with black olives.
- Recipe from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes.