Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Serve salsa on the side!
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole (made fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the sour cream, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the refried beans until hot, using a microwave or in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the beans are hot, spread them over the center of a serving platter or in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese evenly over the beans.
- Spread the guacamole over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the sliced olives over the guacamole.
- Spread the seasoned sour cream over the olives.
- Sprinkle the green onions, then the tomatoes evenly over the sour cream layer.
- Finish up by sprinkling the remainder of the cheese over the tomatoes, and topping the dip off with the cilantro. Serve the dip with tortilla chips and a side of your favorite salsa.
OMG! This is the recipe that I use for layer dip, only mine calls for taco seasoning instead of the spices. I like this one better. I would give 5 stars (20 stars!) except that the recipe is not complete. After the guac it goes: tomato cilantro olives onions remaining cheese Try this one, you won't be disappointed!
This was a delicious dip.I did add a few ingredients to this. I lefted out cilantro cause DH and I are not big fans of cilantro and added some Italian sausage and turkey meat I had lefted over and I used red onion in place of the green onion and I added a can of black beans and I also added more cheddar cheese. I noticed the directions wasn't complete so I layered it with the refried beans on bottom,1c shredded cheese,black beans,Recipe #152059,onions,black olives and 1 cup of shredded cheese and baked in the oven at 350' just long enough to melt the cheese and than added the sour cream mix on top. I did double the sour cream mix cause we like lots of sour cream stuff :) It turned out GREAT! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)