1 hr 20 mins
Tastes like the real thing! Yum!!! You can store it in the freezer, then when you want some, just bake it or microwave it. I like to bake it because, then it's just like the store bought kind. If you do microwave it, I shouldn't have to tell you to make sure you nuke it in a microwave safe container. Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/mail/view?msgid=3946876&oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/mail/view?msgid=3946876&oc=linkback</a>
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk flour into skim milk in a small saucepan, then place it over medium/low heat.
- 2Add shredded cheddar cheese, margarine and salt and stir often with a spoon until the cheese begins to melt. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Use a whisk to stir the sauce every couple of minutes so that it becomes smooth and thick.
- 3While sauce thickens, prepare macaroni by dumping 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni into rapidly boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until tender, and then strain. You should have at least 1 3/4 cups of cooked macaroni.
- 4When cheese sauce has simmered for 30 minutes, pour pasta into a medium bowl. Gently stir in cheese sauce and then pour mixture into a loaf pan or casserole dish. Cover and freeze.
- 5When you are ready to eat, preheat oven to 350*. Bake frozen macaroni for 50-55 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown slightly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Stouffer's Mac & Cheese by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.9
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 628.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 20.4 g