Recipe by JPerez
Chocolatey and delicious! Try the Snickers variation - you'll love it.From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by Acerast
Yummy. I made the basic recipe and liked it better than Starbucks because it was not as sweet as theirs (although adding the syrups for the snickers version would certainly add sweetness). It tastes quite a bit like what my Grandma used to stir up for us on her stove top many years ago. She always added a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor. The microwave instructions make it quick and easy. I'll be teaching my teens to stir this together. That will save us from some of the chemicals in those pre-packaged cocoa drinks and from the high prices at Starbucks. Thanks JPerez.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I like whole or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure water, cocoa, and sugar in glass measuring cup or large mug. Stir well.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to make chocolate syrup.
- Stir in milk and vanilla and microwave until warm.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Variation: Snickers hot chocolate - stir in 2 tsp caramel syrup and 2 tsp hazelnut syrup to the hot chocolate before topping with whipped cream. Caramel and Hazelnut syrups can usually be found in the coffee section of the grocery store.