1/4 Photos of TSR Version of Starbucks Gingerbread Latte by Todd Wilbur
I found this recipe online several different places, and it IS a very good recipe. If you don't want to use the syrups called for in other recipes, make your own! When the syrup is done, brew the espresso, steam some hot milk, and continue with your latte. It's simple, it's delicious, and inexpensive. No hard to find syrups. Preparation time is a guess and probably takes less time then stated. Note: Please note! The recipe makes more syrup then called for. Please use only the amount called for. Put the rest in the refrig and use it later.Also, the stuff starbucks uses is obviously different from homemade, so use the amount called for. From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the gingerbread syrup by combining water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Be sure the pan is not too small or the mixture could easily bubble over.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat when it's done and slap a lid on it.
- 3Make a double shot of espresso (1/2 cup), using an espresso machine. Use the machine to steam 8 ounces of milk, or heat up the milk in the microwave if your machine does not foam and steam milk.
- 4Make your latte by first adding 1/2 cup espresso to a 16-ounce cup. Add 1/4 cup gingerbread syrup, followed by the steamed milk. Stir.
- 5Top off the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Starbucks Gingerbread Latte by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1343.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 315.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 299.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g