Recipe by ShaGun
I haven't tried this yet. I'm posting it per request. It's a variation from Topsecret recipes created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com .
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (1 large carrot)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
- Combine brown sugar and oil. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Combine the wet mixture with the flour mixture until smooth. Mix in shredded carrot, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been generously greased.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Make the frosting by mixing cream cheese, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, and blend well until frosting is smooth.
- When the cake has cooled, frost the top with the entire bowl of cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle the pecans over the frosting. Cover the leftover cake and store it in the refrigerator.